How do I prepare my portfolio to apply for design school?
A portfolio is a reflective document and should speak of who you are, rather than who you are expected to be. It should convey why you want to be a designer. Diversity is good; but in trying to be comprehensive, you might miss expressing the essence of your work.
Journeys are also important-the process by which you reached where you set out to, not just the end-deliverables.
It would be interesting to add a ‘failure resume’; those misses which might have been hits but for…
As a future designer, the typeface you choose, the size of the font, the layout and a loose structure to ensure a flow of content in the document are unspoken requirements.
People do not have the time to read a lot of text; so, keep it minimal. However, an essay of reflections could auger well to communicate your vision, ideology/purpose in life.
At TDV The Design Village, we look at the underlying attributes of courage, perseverance, compassion and awareness in a student and her work.
- A Guide to the Various Designing Courses offered in the Market
- Tips to Choose the Right Academy to Study Fashion Designing
- Interior designers share their best designs for small space ideas!
- How does plus size fashion and plus size clothing come to be, where is it today and where is it heading?
- How much does it cost to do a fashion designing course from a good college in India?