The classical way of approaching education is usually to create a learning environment within a bubble, where a student is allowed to grow without having to reckon with the realities of the world. Students are educated within silos and fail to comprehend the complexity of the design problems that face us and our surroundings.
The current times demand a change. We need to step out of our bubbles and steer towards impact as an integral part of the education process.
The one year program is a practice-based Masters. Especially designed for self-driven lifelong learners. An ideal place for individuals who are aspiring to make a difference in the real world or looking to realize a purpose.
With this approach, the institute becomes a vehicle for the learner to find their own place in the world, while maintaining a synergy with every journey being pursued. The journey ensues a dialogue between the student and society, engendering long term change in the position of design in the Indian context.
Place in the World & Position of the Self
The 1 yr Master’s is designed to create a positioning specific journey which helps a student articulate their place in the world. Looking at Place & Position as the dialectic of practice— Place being external to where I fit or what I can, while position being internal to who I am.
The overall journey helps one answer the question:
“What kind of designer am I?”
The eco-system for Practice of Design comprises Studio Archohm and The Design Village Institute, their respective networks and associations. The physical proximity of the learning environments is leveraged and emphasized.
- Opportunity to validate your ideas in a real world setting.
- Learning with Indian and international facilitators to get a global perspective.
- Learning through a n individual journey driven environment.
- International and national exposure through inspirational travel.
- Award winning campus of the design village and studio archohm
STRUCTURE - The Journey
- 52-weeks trimester
- Unique individually designed journey
- A self-driven year-long project
- Short community project - roleplaying as team members
- Pilgrimage - an expedition to better understand oneself
- Manifesto writing for personal journey development
- Learning to negotiate with real life scenarios and clients
- Interaction with mentors, coaches and consultants
- International cohort of professional expert coaches from different domains
The Masters is a 52 week program, spanning over 3 semesters and 60 credits.
The program is divided into three components:
- Structured Courses
- Position Finding
- Place Making
- STATEMENT OF PURPOSE & INTENT: Aspirants are required to submit a Statement of Purpose and Intent of at least 1000words explaining their motivation to join this program. (via email)
- PORTFOLIO: Through a selection of five projects, pupils will be assessed on their ability to analyse observations from multiple perspectives and draw inferences. Taking positions and building an argument on issues and its communication will be considered. (via email)
- INTERVIEW: The pupils will be invited for a comprehensive and rigorous discussion with the core team.(online and on campus)
All prices mentioned in INR
FINANCIAL AID OFFICE
For funding options, founders' scholarships, financial and loan assistance please contact firstname.lastname@example.org Please note that funding assistance is limited and is solely based on the discretion of the Financial Aid Office and all the decisions made under their purview shall be final and binding in all.
MODE OF PAYMENT
- The fee may be paid by a Demand Draft / Cheque in favor of “The Design Village Foundation”, payable at Delhi
- Fee may also be deposited through NEFT/RTGS the details of which are given below
For other digital modes of payment, please get in touch with us.
- The fee is inclusive of all taxes.
- Registration fee and University Collaboration Fee are non-refundable.
- Students are requested to pay the semester fees within the stipulated time for admission confirmation.
- Please note that the institute will levy a charge of Rs. 5000 towards dishonoured cheques.
- The Institute reserves the right to increase the fee towards any course of study at the beginning of the subsequent academic year of the course.
HOW IS PD DIFFERENT FROM A JOB, AN INTERNSHIP AND AN ACADEMIC STUDIO COURSE?
HOW IS 1 YEAR MDES EXECUTIVE COURSE DIFFERENT THE 2 YEAR MDES COURSE OFFERED AT TDV?
The 2 year MDes course offered at TDV is a traditional masters program helping students to develop an expertise in a particular silo. The journey of 2 years is ideal for a non-designer to step into a design field, or for a designer to change tracks or strengthen their design foundation.
Whereas the 1 year Practice of Design, MDes Executive is designed for self driven designers who are looking to articulate their place in the world. It is not about learning design skills, but rather using those skills to navigate the real world. At the end of 1 year, the villager would have been through a self realization journey and be ready to negotiate a place and position for themselves.