About The Creative Career of Interior Designers – How Much They Make?
With Indian urbanites spending more on quality of life and their increasing exposure to exotic destinations in the global village, the need for interior designers in today’s world is at an all-time high. On the other hand, per capita, land consumption is decreasing day by day due to population growth and paradigm shift in family structures – from the nuclear family to extended family.
Therefore, effective and efficient use of limited space is not only the choice but the need of people. Considering all these developments, a career in interior designing is becoming a booming option for people with a creative bent.
However, before making a final decision, get some information about the industry that every aspiring interior designer should know in advance.
Interior design specializations
Interior design does not necessarily mean designing and planning the interiors of homes and other living spaces. There are various career options in interior design to choose from such as furniture designer, exhibition designer, lighting designer, kitchen designer, architect, architectural technologist, product designer, textile designer, stylist, production designer, etc.
Responsibilities of an interior designer
Here are some of the most important responsibilities that an interior designer performs.
- Brainstorming and generating ideas
- Visualizing and sketching design plans for interiors
- Keeping an eye on upcoming trends
- Ensuring that the end result is aesthetically pleasing and functional
Salary of an interior designer
An interior designer’s salary is based on their level of creativity and experience.
The average salary for an entry-level interior designer is around 4 lakhs per year, while an experienced interior designer can earn up to 30 lakhs per year.
The salary depends on many factors, such as education, location, work experience, and the size of the company. More importantly, you win the favor of the potential employer by impressing them with your experience and dedication.
If you want to build a career in this sector then you should pursue an interior design course. The Design Village is one of the leading Interior Designing Colleges in Delhi that offers interior design courses both at the UG and PG levels.
Interior Designer should have the following skills to become successful in the industry
1. An aptitude for good design: To become an interior designer, you should have a flair for colors, interior design, architecture, and textiles. Since an interior designer also works with builders, architects, government agencies, and business owners, a wide range of skills is required.
2. Communication skills: To become a successful interior designer, one must be well educated and versatile. Studying Interior design at The Design Village will surely open several opportunities for you in the industry. Aspiring candidates should check admission details on the official website of the college.
Of course, you also need to have the courage to address the market and the planning service and update them regularly.
3. Detailed information: Some of the details may be boring, but to work on a particular project, knowing these details is essential for interior designers.
4. Knowledge of the latest trend: Interior design has become a competitive business and to be in the business, interior designers need to have the knowledge of the latest trends in the market. You have to keep people’s attention on the design to be successful.
Employment sector/industry for interior designers.
Interior designers find employment opportunities in the following sectors.
- Architectural firms
- Interior design companies
- Design consulting firms
- Construction companies
- Stage design companies (for theatre, TV, or film)
- Event management companies
- Exhibition centers
The future trends of population growth, age-friendly design, modern architecture, and green design can help give you an upper hand in the job market. To build a successful career in interior designing, it is important to keep up with the latest design trends by reading design publications and websites, interacting with other designers, and following a mentor.
- Top Fashion Design Skills That Are In Trend in Industry
- 10 Can’t-Miss Skills to Gain during a Graphics Design Course
- About The Creative Career of Interior Designers – How Much They Make?
- Top Career Prospects for Transportation & Mobility Designers
- Top Fashion Designing Trends 2022 Every Aspirant Should Know